View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 01:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hi Flower...

My name is Heather and I was where you are exactly a year ago...I am here if you have any questions...I am sure you will have a ton...

I have full-body, systemic RSD, and I am 27 years old.

First of all,ConGratulaTions!!!!

Second of All, you will most likely go into remission due to your auto-immune response system...Most people think it's the hormones but it's not. I had remission from 6 weeks - 32 weeks...But, the RSD will return with a VENGEANCE...Everyone is different, but mine came back full-force at about 1 month post-partum.

As far as meds went, I was taking:

Duragesic Patches 75mg - 1 every 48 hours, Morphine Sulfate IN 30mg - 1 every 6 hours, Topomax 100mg - 1 @ bedtime, Valium 10mg - 1 every 6 hours, Klonopin 1mg - 2 @ bedtime.

I found an ob/gyn that I really liked and who was willing to work one-on-one with my PM doc. You really don't need a High Risk doc because you most likely won't have as much, if not any, pain. But, you want ALL of your doctors working together for your best interest in case meds were needed or there were to be a concern. If you saw the High risk already and he saw no reason to keep you, that is okay. Just make sure that you can keep your current Dr's communicating.

I felt it neccessary to stay on the Fentanyl Patch because I still had pain in my legs. My ob ok'd this and my PM did too, but warned me about drug addicted babies. But, I went off of all of the other meds. My daughter came 3 weeks early, but was very healthy and beautiful.

I really hope this helps! I am here to answer all of your questions. I know how scary it is to have RSD and to be bringing another one into this world!!

Heather

"We Will Conquer This Demon They Refer to As, RSD!"

nopainever is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote