View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 04:21 AM
Elder Member

15 yr Member
Elder Member

15 yr Member

with vista click on start button like other window products and the window that opens ,on the bottom is a tiny arrow all the way to the right and at the bottom u can select hibernate sleep restart lock change users log off restart and switch users,

as far as what this person rather use, i go to sleep with mine, easier to bring back up and running, one thing i have learned about vista 2 gigs of mem is a very good thing for vista, and from what i have been told the minimum, expecially if you are multi tasking, for some reason vista with one gig of memory tends to lock up, and like jo said u can always go to the power settings and select what you want the hard drives to do the screen to do after x amount of minutes, this is in control panel and yes i am still learning my way around on vista, but ive only had it for a bit over a month,

i have not tried alt F4 yet on vistas to see what it does but in older windows products that would also bring up the menu for restart and ect.....

back yes hitting alt and f4 at same time will close what u are doing, hit it again it will bring up the sleep hibernate window also, so u can use the keystroke of ALT F4

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.............................Mark Twain

weegot5kiz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote