Old 10-16-2006, 09:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default injections hurt for me, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokemon View Post
just got one last week

the muscles he injected them into still hurt

I've had a spasm in my right trap for well over a year, and it's nearly deflated (really weird)

I'm still in a world of pain

I'm hoping some physical therapy and chiropractor vists will help

I'm not sure if I was better off without it
This was a Botox shot, right? When I had my test nerve block (the pre-test to the botox with my doctor) I hurt really bad for two weeks. (really bad defined as: I missed 4 days of work and took percocet 1-2 times per day, could NOT sleep without it due to neck spasms), and then it started to get better. I am three weeks out from the block tomorrow, and this weekend I was finally feeling pretty good. Of course, I am scheduled for Botox in the same spots now on wednesday...

I am expecting the experience to be similar. My Doc promised plenty of pain meds, a doctors note to get out of work, and that the long term improvement would be worth it.

Anyhow, good luck..and keep us posted. I really hope it helps you. I'd give it at least two to three weeks before you give up on it.

Side note: I am only on percocet because I am nursing and though it can make my daughter sleepy, it is generally safer than other options. I don't take anything most of the time.

Johanna
johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote