View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 07:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default holistic doctor

We went to a holistic doctor who put Jacob on all kinds of suppliments which most of them I thought made sense. We have not had Jacob tested for any type of food allergies but the Dr. insisted on a W/G free diet very little carbs and no dairy! Whats left?? We followed it for a while but my son is quite thin he only weighs 60lbs. So we put him back on dairy. The Dr. reasoning something about yeast candida in the intestines causing some reaction with the brain? But so far I don't think there's any relation. But it was worth a try. Right now our biggest problem seems to be my son's behavior at school. He is becoming a big distraction he talks all the time while the teacher is trying to give a lesson. He makes jokes and acts silly. He was never like this before. I don't know how much of this behavior he can control . We switched meds from keppra to tennex. The Dr. said that should also help with his behavior. I don't know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemar View Post
Hi
I also posted this on the other thread but usually only people who have allergies/intolerances and sensitivities to foods benefit from eliminating them

did you eliminate wheat and gluten foods becasue your child tested allergic to these or just to see what would happen?

the only food restriction that we have is artificial chemical additives as my son doesnt have other food allergies
Lori n is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote