View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 09:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It's going to be on several times, I'll have to catch the whole thing. I caught 2 parts of it, both were upsetting - one was kids that were upset and frustrated and not able to communicate, so that upset me to see as it would anyone but it was good to show I thought. The other thing that upset me was this fake satellite connection to some foreign guy that said they did a telethon there for children with disabilities and raised enough money to get them all really nice cages, and people can pay money to throw things at them. I was really not getting how that was a joke, I know it was meant to be a joke, maybe I heard it wrong, but I got enough of the gist to really feel sick by it. Just not funny.

I saw so little of it though...like I said I'd like to watch the whole thing, there's just been no time unbelieveably! I think the overall idea is just great and I just so happened to tune in to the one joke in poor taste. Oh and I did hear (from the kitchen) this part where people were asked to stand in the audience if they were willing to donate $25,000 which someone did, then 10,000 and so on. So that was great folks are willing to do that, yet it did temporarily hike me up on the pity pot hearing folks have that kind of money to spare cause of our financial state. But then I thought OMG - I really better log onto comedy central and donate something!!! It will only have one zero after it, but still! I can't believe I didn't even think to donate.
Milivica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote