View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 08:41 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
Hi all, I'm just going to introduce myself here, since when I tried to do it before I ended up on an MS thread. (I've apologized to those people reading.) I think I can appreciate the "trigger" concept, but how would I know if, let's say, I mention "divorce," or "cancer." Those are pretty hefty words. Do I have to censor myself just in case they will be triggers for other community members?

Just trying to be careful. Thanks to anyone who will shed some light.

Rain
Hi Rain! Welcome to the board. It's a good idea to use the trigger icon if you think you'll go into detail on something heavy like that so I would but if you're just mentioning it briefly in a reply, like "I am so sorry for your loss, I lost my father when I was 12 to cancer." and that's it no need to just use a trigger icon on your reply. It's the details that can trigger someone IMO. Although I might be wrong, some people are so sensitive that just the word can trigger them, but you shouldn't have to overly censor yourself just to participate in threads here. Again welcome to the board! Looking forward to posting with you Rain!