View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 09:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am seeing my new psychiatrist on Wednesday for my initial appointment. Last night I took two trazaone and fell asleep. Now Christopher has emailed and phoned me to ask very nicely if I'd like to go out to lunch with him today- something we'd talked about weeks ago but never have. He's always so cheerful. Well, if you think HE is the souce of the mania- which I know my bipolar has been around since I was a teen but not diagnosed- it does upset me very much some of the stuff he's saying to me and done and we've talked about it. I am never one for true communication- I forget the rules and I forget lots... Get really confused and then end up with someone upset with me and I have zero idea why. Been like that since I was a teen. Then again, I can sail right through a conversation (as in last night with a judo buddy) and seem perfectly a-ok.

Bizi, I am on Depakote, Celexa, and Trazadone (at night for sleep). I have not missed my doses, except Celexa I did miss yesterday morning. In fact, last night I increased my dose from 500 to 750 as suggested on the Depakote, but I had taken 500 the night before. Are any of those anti psychotics? You know, back when I had all those "horror movie hallucinations", I looked it up online about these and found someone who'd written about it- a Q&A. So I wrote to him about my experience and he said I needed an anti-psychotic right away. I laughed and never wrote him back. My psych. dr. at the time just said I was really stressed and prescribed the celexa.