Thread: Hearing Loss?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 11:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Tante, thanks for the further info on your situation. What a bummer to have so much hearing loss.

So it really does sound like it's likely connected with your other symptoms and not a hereditary thing. (Don't you hate those off-the-wall, completely unsubstantiated diagnoses!!) I hope you don't have any further loss of your hearing. It must be frustrating to have this and not know the exact cause.

I feel very lucky that I only had the one-time loss and nothing since (in 9 years). I recently found out that my insurance WILL pay for a Baha (bone-anchored hearing prosthetic for single-sided deafness), so I'm really excited about that! (My speech discrimination in my bad ear is so bad that a conventional hearing aid won't help.)

My ABR was very abnormal on both sides but my right-side hearing remains perfect, thankfully.

Good luck to everyone suffering from hearing loss. It may be considered uncommon in MS, but uncommon doesn't mean nobody gets it! (Mine hasn't been attributed to anything definitively--most likely a vascular trauma from sneezing hard.)

Nancy T.
Nancy T is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote