View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I think Cherie's right, giving it at least 6+ months sounds like a good idea.

I had really bad site reactions for my first 6 months. They started getting better in the 7th month, and then I got a few (like 10) dull needles...which are especially painful when you're autojecting a dull needle into yourself, and so you get a huge sore because the autoject forced a dull needle into your skin, and along with the regular site reaction that you can get normally from the shot.

This is why I switched to doing the shots manually. I'm controlling how much force is being used to get the needle into my skin, if I get any dull needles, I can usually tell pretty much immediately if it's dull and I can toss that syringe and get a new, and hopefully not dull syringe.

I dont get all anxious and freaked out anymore by the shots because I think it's a bit easier for me (and less painful!) to inject manually.

Sometimes I get my dad to give me a shot in the out-of-reach places, and he's a lot more gentle with the shots than the autoject is. Now that I've got my dad to understand that he has to inject slooooooowly.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote