Thread: Hearing Loss?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 02:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Hi Tante, thanks for the further info on your situation
Nancy T, my thanks go to BIRD for this whole thread , and to you for bringing up some interesting ideas.

I am going to look for an ENT, once I have had a little Dr. free time, and make doubly certain that an implant won't work for me, and that there is nothing else, new, that might.

I also want to investigate any effects my trigeminal neuropathy might be having...and what might help there. So, as I said, my thanks to you.

Quote:
I feel very lucky that I only had the one-time loss and nothing since (in 9 years). I recently found out that my insurance WILL pay for a Baha (bone-anchored hearing prosthetic for single-sided deafness), so I'm really excited about that! (My speech discrimination in my bad ear is so bad that a conventional hearing aid won't help.)
Hey, that is wonderful!! Will you be able to get it soon?
I can really appreciate what you are saying...so many people think if they just yell louder one will "hear" it, but speech discrimination, which I think is probably what I've referred to as word processing, is a different issue.

Would you mind keeping us updated on your BAHA? I'm going to look it up now, see what you're getting yourself into.