View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 02:45 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Ribbon

Ladies and Germs,

It’s here. The day y’all have been waiting for. Yours truly is taking the trip of a lifetime. Man, it has been a hectic last three weeks, watching Glenda run around like a chicken with her head cut off has really been tiring for meJ. Actually, I’ve been conducting interviews and being filmed for TV news. So far I have interviewed with News 13, Channel 9 (an ABC affiliate), WKMG Local 6 (a CBS affiliate) and the Orlando Sentinel…look for that one tomorrow.

So this is the schedule of events. We will get up at 6am (I thought I was done with getting up that early) tomorrow morning. We will take part in the Walk to Defeat ALS in Orlando’s Blue Jacket Park. Around noon I will head out to Washington DC, expecting to arrive on May 9th or 10th, depending on the weather. I will update a blog daily, you can find it at www.rolloverals.org and selecting the daily journal link. You can post to the link too, so if you have any comments or questions, leave them there and I will get back to you as soon as possible. If anyone wants to join me for part of the ride let me know and we will make arrangements.

OK, this is the sappy part. When being interviewed for one of the TV stations they asked me what I wanted to do when I had ALS. I wanted to run and hide from everyone, which is what I did. I probably ran and hid from some very good friends of mine, and for that I apologize. I won’t make any excuses, if you sent me an email and I didn’t answer, send me another one…I will answer it when I get a minute.

Sorry so short, I got another interview at 9:30 with Fox 35. Keep me and my family, including my buddy that just had his dad pass away, in your prayers.

Love y’all

Living despite ALS,

Ken Patterson Sr

kensr@kensjourney.com

http://kensjourney.com

How can we connect the dots if we don't collect the dots?

ALS/MND Registry

BobbyB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (04-19-2008)