View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Elder Member

15 yr Member
Elder Member

15 yr Member

it is downright scary, when our(leaders) thats a questionable use of the word. when they dont seem to get it, lets spend how much on whether baseball players used steroids, who gives a rats #s@ why waste the time and money in such nonsense ways.

and that is just ONE example from ONE countries Govt, how many other ways are they wasting money energy and time, are they going to continue to hide their heads in the sand.

Solar POwer, Wind power, hydro electric battery ran engines, All of these basic ideas have been around for a long time now, at what point is the govt gonna help gear people towards these uses of fuels and or power. ( by making them more afforable for you and me)

Remember this when you vote real soon, perhaps a few of the old dead beats need to go flip burgers at bk instead. Somehow I fear it is too late and this path is set, and perhaps thats their reasoning also. Not excusing them, but on the concept that maybe its too late I can relate, its easy to be negative about it all. What positives do you see, hardly any.

we do our best here, we try green items and ideas, all my yard tools are electric, or battery. the lawn mower is an old push mower, like from when we were kids. no motor just really sharp blades and a good bit of exercise. Have a couple radios that are charged by hand no electric no battery. I try my best even if its something small or trivial as a radio,

Well lets see I have not bought a battery for that radio since I bought it. 6 yrs ago. thats a lot of batteries I have not used, compared to someone else at my old job always buying batteries, and we use rechargable type of batteries here also, have for years, for almost 20 yrs now. I mean its something small something simple, but it is something EACH of us MUST do. I agree our govts should be doing more in this, as far as fossil fuels go and as for the food shortages, god help us all when it does hit. the earth will hear a lot of anguished cries, third world countries, the poor, the ill, like I said i dont know the answer but I am trying, and figure if I can do this little bit we all can.

Maybe thats what the answer is shove it in our leaders face, show them we all are trying, I dont know. It is a sensitive subject here at our home, always been an earth day type of person was raised that way. Sorry for rambling, I get going on these type of things and lose track, or sidetrack myself.

debated deleting this for a while, not wanting to start anything, but I didnt even mention, what our own govt has done to the farmers of this country. the whole thing is a dam shame, just thought I would chime in, and like I said I didnt even touch the food issues, I feel a big problem is fuel usage, perhaps if we can control those, we will be able to take care of the food issues easier, I just wish I had the answer, wish someone did

peace folks

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.............................Mark Twain

weegot5kiz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (04-18-2008), Jomar (04-18-2008), Koala77 (04-18-2008)