View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 05:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Bryanna,

Thanks, I do need to vent more and more. But to answer your questions:

I don't feel I can effectively write to the dean or anyone there. I'll get bogged down in details. And I still have to go back Thursday. Dr. X is the head of the surgical department. He leaves in June, and Dr Y takes his place.

X is the one who told me he just would not do the implants without "relaxing" me because it was too long. As he left for his emergency, the last thing he told Y was not to try any implant where the bone didn't look good. When Y decided he would operate, he said his anesthetic team had gone because I took too long to read all those papers and ask questions. I would have been okay with that if he's just deadened me enough. The assistant who drove me nuts was the college student (not dental school) who worked there and also took the final xray. He wasn't trained or accredited in anything.

Pros looked in and gave them the implants and a plan(?). When I asked about the denture, everyone just brushed me off -all in their own way.

Do you have any idea what the "bone" stuff was? They'd all told me the only option I had was my own bone graft. He dusted it in all the inplants but that was after he'd sutured them. Except for the one he goofed on. I can feel it in places on top of my gum. Tried to pull them off, but it hurt too much.

Next Thursday I'm to meet with Y to check on the healing. Then upstairs to pros for - I don't know what. Presumably, to put in denture? Why did they insist that it had to be placed immediately after surgery? There are so many inconsistent orders and explanations through the whole thing.

They explained strongly why they could not put any implants in without doing all of them as I'd suggested. Now, since they put the last one in at the wrong angle , how are they going to deal with that? And, you know that if I complain to Y about all this, he'll brush it off again. Plus, he'll probably be the one to continue to "fix" it. I dread it - I dread it....

All I can see is more time, more pain, more occlusion problems, more money, etc., etc.

After telling me they saw no sign of infection before or after, they prescribed more amoxycillin. All the while saying that I really didn't need it!
Thank God for my GP here who gave it to me beforehand. The lortab they gave me for pain wasn't as strong as what I have to take daily, so I took mine. Y said I shouldn't need anything stronger, so I took my own demerol, too. That's not fair to my GP. He'll make it up for me if I need it, but he's very uneasy about pain meds, and this shouldn't be his problem.

I wish I could somehow get to someone with authority who would listen to both sides. Nobody is overseeing this and correcting what is wrong. It's disgraceful for the dental school to offer services that aren't supervised, seemingly. It's very awkward to complain about things just before the one who did these things starts to work on you again.

Wow! Another long, long one.
jon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote