Thread: Please Help!
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 11:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi..I really can't add too much to what Paul and Jeff have said...although I feel if your doc thinks it is anxiety related it probably is..reading a list of symptoms tends to play tricks on ones mind..a few might fit for a terminal disease but they may too fit for things that are completely benign..so be careful and try not to self diagnos...anxiety can also have adverse affects on the body..it can cause twitching of muscles..and many other physical symptoms...I'd try to see if there is anything the docs can do to help get the anxiety more under control..Lisa

PS...In regards to muscle weakness you are probably right ..one arm is more than likely stronger than the other ..which as a former exercise instructor ..I can tell you is "completely normal" as very few people have perfectly symetrical strength..such a thing is virtually non -existent...as people tend to use one limb more than the other to carry heavy things with ..and therefore the limb that is used more hypertrophies more than the other..." absolutely normal" for this to occur...my advice there is if your doc feels you do not have ALS is... to try train the weaker arm with a slightly heavier dumbell than the stronger arm...see if after awhile the weaker arm does not become stronger..get plenty of rest and eat a proper diet..now if you had ALS such trainig would probably cause you to become weaker faster...as fatiguing muscles is not a good idea with the disease..however since you can still lift the same amount of weight at the gym..having ALS is highly unlikely...Lisa

Last edited by lisag; 10-18-2006 at 01:33 PM.
lisag is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote