View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 08:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Reaching Out to You In Your Suffering

Hello...I am also new here. I am so sorry that you are going through so much physical pain, combined with the emotional loss and grief that goes with your loss. It is discouraging when you in so much pain, and you didn't mention if your physician also has you on any anti-depressants which can also help greatly with the physical pain and perhaps give you an emotional boost to deal with the depression you have mentioned. This type of med was most helpful when I was first diagnosed, and I have also taken it off and on for pain support/depression. Your physician or a pain management center should also be able to help you manage your pain a lot better.....I keep a pain journal and take it with me when I visit so that I can give him a better idea of what helps, the length of relief for each intervention or medication, and how much pain I am actually in both physically and emotionally and the impact that it has on your daily life (limitations, activity, etc) It isn't always easy to describe the agony you are in but documentation will help a lot. This has been pivotal in helping me getting some relief so I hope this is somewhat helpful to you.......it also helps to have a gentle compassionate group to support you.....and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. momonamission
momonamission is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote