View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 10:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default broken tooth to gumline

Hi AJSG,

If you are not having any pain in that tooth and there is no swelling, then it is not an emergency at this point. However, the tooth will become infected eventually.

Keep the tooth and the surrounding area clean. Make sure you brush it with your toothbrush. Make arrangements to have the tooth removed as soon as you can.

Please let us know how things go!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJSG View Post
One of my upper molars has broken off at the gumline. I've never had good enamel, and now I have RSD, which means I'm in constant pain, and I tend to grit my teeth. I don't know if that's why it broke or not. Anyway, I have RSD in my legs and torso, and I'm worried about it spreading. I also have the problem of not having insurance. So I got in to the only dental clinic in 200 miles that will take poor people, and after waiting 2 hours, I couldn't take the pain from the RSD anymore and had to go home (they said it would be another 2 to 3 hours at least before I got in). I don't know what to do. The dentist at the clinic said it had to be pulled, but I don't know how long it will be until I can get in again. How long can I go without it rotting or setting off an infection or something else awful?

AJ
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote