View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 11:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kate,
Is that your baby??? She is absolutely adorable, but then all your kids are.

Had my hysterctomy & ovarectomy before RSD. But did have major back surgery with a 3 level fusion in 2005. They used ketamine throughtout my whole surgery & I believe that it kept RSD from going into that surgical site. My PM Doctor worked with the spine surgeon & anesthesiologist. So maybe that is a thought. It did take me longer than normal to wake up, but they did not have any concerns about that at all. I normally wake from surgeries while still in recovery & remain awake. I didn't wake from surgery until around 10pm that night & I went into surgery ar 7am in the morning. I was in surgery between 4 to 6 hours. Can't remember which. They did take me from recovery to ICU, but only due to the fact I didn't wake up. I was breathing on my own though with no problems. I was surprised it took so long to wake from them using Ketamine. They didn't tell me ahead of time it would take me longer to wake up so I do think it was a bit of a surprise to them also but when I asked the surgeon about it he said they were not worried about me. They only took me to ICU so that I would be checked on alot, not that they were concerned or anything.

Good luck sweetie. I hope it all turns out good for you.

DebbyV
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote