Thread: biofreeze ?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 12:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,

BioFreeze is available where I live at the medical supply stores and a couple of independent pharmacies. Private practice PT's also may carry products like these, that's where I got my Sombra, a cream similar to Biofreeze. I have both, think Sombra is a bit more effective as it has menthol, camphor, capsaicin, aloe vera, grapefruit seed and green tea extracts and witch hazel among the ingredients. Goes on cool, then heats up! But it does smell like menthol so I use BioFreeze if I'm going somewhere, and it is effective too.

You might look in the Yellow Pages and call some of these places to see if they carry BioFreeze or know who does. Massage Therapists or Sports Rehab PT's are also possible sources. Or someone who specializes in treating RSI's, whether therrapist, massage therapist, chiropractor, DO or holistic health care practitioner, possibly even a running or fitness pro shop?

But I'd start with med supply stores that sell wheelchairs, adjustable beds, commodes and such, that's also where I found my Heelbo padded "sleeves" that are wonderful for cubital tunnel (nerve pain at the elbow) problems.

Hope this helps!

beth
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote