View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 05:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default memory loss due to stroke

I have been trying to find info on the web, hope this site can give me a few answers. My sister (age 50) had a stroke last oct due to a blocked artery in the back of her neck, which they cant do surgery on due to the vein is too long, so she is on blood thinners and doing well in that aspect. The problem is her short term memory has been affected. She used to be a very busy person, even had to check her book if we wanted to plan something together. Today she cant work (she was a bookkeeper) and is home alone most of the time. Her friends has stopped coming by regularly. She is so depressed and lonely. I live on the east coast and she lives on west coast. Does anyone know if there is anything to help get the short term memory better? Or is she doomed to live this depressed life? She cries all the time and I dont know how to help or console her!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron9 View Post
WW last night I typed out a long post regarding things that helped me get out of my deep depression.

The post never showed up.

If this one ever shows up - I will try to post the other one again.

If that don't work I will try to learn how to send it to you in a message. Over the last 18 months I have helped several people with ideas on how to feel better about their futures and change negative thinking to more happy and positive thoughts.

Ron
snevin13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote