View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 11:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsd View Post
The first ones I bought were Source Naturals. They were handy because I found
that 100mg was a bit much at first, so these were tablets and you could break them. But the 100mg size is big and a bit uncomfortable to swallow. After about two weeks, I increased to 100mg first thing in the morning.(no longer needing the 50mg size)

So I bought Country Life this time around. This is a small white capsule and the packaging is brown glass and more pharmaceutically presented.

It is not really expensive... at one a day it works out to about $7.50 a month.
It is much less expensive than the alpha lipoic I tried years ago. That didn't do anything for me. Like Brian, I like the energy it gives...must be sensitizing insulin. I have read some links where they are using it in studies for PCOS as well (which I had when I was younger).
One of my daughter's has PCOS pretty badly. We're afraid to go the birth control pill route because another daughter of mine (a yr older than first mentioned daughter) was on the pill for PCOS (not as bad as first D) at age 17 and had a blood clot in her lung. That's good news and I'll have to see what other info I can find about that.

7.50 a month I can handle. Thanks for that.