View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 12:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshadow View Post
Dear Tracy,

I hardly ever post, and hardly ever peek in, due to high pain, but I couldn't pass over your post.

Your symptoms came on VERY simlarly to mine, except I didn't have a specific fall, I just had hours on a computer, working files and doing administrative work.

Now, despite your "fall" that you describe, your job duties could have caused TOS or exacerbated what might of just healed, so you MUST, MUST see a work comp attorney and talk to someone FOR FREE about UPPER EXTREMITY REPETITIVE INJURY TO YOUR right arm or wherever it is. Why? Because this can be a lifelong injury that needs permanent, temporary disabilility, medical help, I even had daily nurse. And USUALLY this is a work caused injury unless you have a specific rib poking the nerves, veins, etc. You'll learn all of the specifics, but just don't throw out a possible case despite having quit in ignorance of your rights.

I was a work comp defense attorney, I know that most states will sustain a case despite having quit in ignorance of your rights given the correct factual legal and medical pattern. Only an attorney (or two) will be able to tell you ifyou have this.

Next, I'll post what took me a long time to learn about testing for TOS. I think you might have neurogenic TOS and vascular TOS a little "off", but then, most docs don't know it after med school! (Vascular is a seen vein blockage while neuro describes the rest, pretty much, is an easy explanation without going into ALL of the particulars.)

God bless you.
Oh i also meant to say that the EMG and nerve conduction studies came back normal as did the MRI's, although i have pasted in something from my first MRI report:

In the right infraclavicluar fossa there is subtle asymmertry or the brachial plexus in the region of the plexus divisions on the right, with subtle asymmetry of the STIR signal intensity, and a slightly more bulky appearance to the neurovascular bundle at this site.

I then had another MRI with dye and when the report came back it did not mention asymmetry or the bulkiness of my neurovascular bundle!.....my dr did not seem to offer any explanation for this either.
TraceyW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote