View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I totally understand your frustration, and feeling like enough is enough.

While our issues are different, constant chronic pain grinds away at you. It gets in the way of everything you do, and changes the nature of who you are, no matter how determined ytou are not to let that happen.

Don't ya just wanna slap people who come up to you and say how they don;t take pills cuz they are sooo tough, and they have such a high pain tolerance? LOL! I could tell them, there is a pain bigger than they are, and someday, they just might find it.

People just can't see what you feel.

One thing I can say, I thought I had tried everything and nothing was going to help. I know they can't fix me, but I was frustrated that I was not able to do much just because of pain. I think I could have dealt with being unable due to loss of limb, but to have my arms, and hurt to much to use them was unthinkable, if you know what I mean.

I read all over pain forums, spinal injury forums. I had no idea what could be done, and didn't have faith anyone would even try to help me.

But I knew I still had to keep trying. I couldn't just lay there miserable, I had to fight for it.

Finally found a better pain clinic, a better PCP.

And you know the rest. I still can't push a vacuum. (Which is so sad, cuz you know how I love sweeping - J/K! LOL)

But I am much better than I was. Keep fighting for it. And I'll keep you in my prayers. I really hope the right doc and treatments are right around the corner.

sugarboo (04-19-2008)