View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 07:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Very hard to imagine that it's been 13 yrs. I remember the day well. My neice was a student at Oklahoma City University at that time and I was praying constantly until I received word that she was ok, just a few broken windows on campus. In July of '95, we visited the site while traveling home from Texas. Seeing the tree of life that was barely noticable as a TREE, but lives on to this day...a church with a big banner on the side saying "God be with us all, but our church family shall NOT be moved", I believe they had services under a tent beside the building that was considered unsafe. Seeing buildings with paintings on the side where they'd gone in to search for victims indeed was just something that make your stomach churn. We took pictures of all the flowers, photos, etc that had been attached to a chainlink fence surrounding the area.
In 2003, that same neice was married in Oklahoma City. The day before her wedding, several of us visited the memorial. It still touched me, but in a different way...in a way such as "those innocent victims are looking down at us as angels in heaven, saying that this person that caused it all, shall indeed be punished by our Heavenly Father". I think the memorial is very well done, remembering each and every one that was in any way effected by this horrible day in the history of our country.

We are friends for a reason. Sometimes we don't know why until we've been friends for a long time !!!

Take time to laugh, it's music to the soul.

Corkybird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote