View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I feel for you GJ. Cherie is quite right when she said.......

Quote:
Like when we have surgery, and the nurses keep us pain killers every 4 hrs (and we don’t think we need them). The reason they do this is it is much easier to keep pain in control, than try to deal with pain that is out of control. People with a high tolerance (or messed up communication channels in this regard), often don’t hear those messages until things are really bad.

Severe pain is extremely difficult and sometimes impossible to treat. Regular pain relief "whether you need it or not" is the only way to prevent those highs and troughs in pain management. If pain is left to get to a stage where it's almost unbearable, it can take hours and double or more the analgesia to ease it. If this makes sense at all, you may understand why it's important to keep popping those pills, even though you might hate them

I'm sure you must be scared stiff about the prospect of surgery, especially with everything else happening medically wise recently. I have to agree that researching your options is very important at this stage, as you need to make a truely informed decision about this.

If you haven't already done so, you could possibly ask questions in the spinal forum. Maybe some-one over there has been through what you're considering. Just a thought.

Please let us know how it's going GJ, and I do hope you get some relief soon.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote