View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I think that the vertigo is the worst symptom that I've had so far. My regular doctor gave me steroids (oral prednisone) last summer. Havent had the vertigo much since then.

You might want to check with your neuro. Maybe your 8th cranial nerve is acting up.

Out of all the symptoms that I've had, vertigo is the one symptom that I've literally begged for steroids to make it go away. Altho, my regular doctor spent a lot of time trying to figure out if I had BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positioning Vertigo) before he would get his prescription pad and write me the 'scrip for the 'roids.

I actually had two vertigo attacks hit me while I was at his office. The second one is what got him to get out the prescription pad. (finally!)

I'd been having vertigo attacks for years before I found out about the MS, that I had thought were ear infections. I'd get vertigo 3 or 4 (or more) times a year. Now I've only had a couple of mini-attacks of vertigo, usually when I have a cold or if I get up too fast.

I really hate vertigo. Except for burning/freezing/invisible-thumbtack-filled-boot sensations in my feet, vertigo is my most hated symptom so far.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~

Last edited by Erin524; 04-19-2008 at 10:04 PM. Reason: fixing Frain Bogged Spelling
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
yeahbut (04-20-2008)