View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My parents and I all have back pain of differing severities. My mom has it the worst and uses a TENS Unit when it's really bad. She hasnt had to take as many pain pills since she started using the TENS and she's actually not using the TENS as often as she was and still hasnt started popping the "good" pain pills (oxycontin) as much as she used to.

I hardly ever take anything for my back pain, maybe some ibuprofen, but I dont think I'm near as bad as my parents are. I dont like how narcotic pain meds make me feel. The masochist in me would rather feel the pain and be able to think than be totally stoned out of my gourd and not in pain. I just dont like strong pain meds and their side effects. I'm sure eventually I'll change my mind on that tho.

I still dont know what causes my back pain. It's either spasticity from the MS, or it's being caused from a back injury I got in a car accident and a second back injury that I got in a fall. I'm guessing it's from the accident or the fall.

Hopefully you can get something done that will take care of the pain soon that will keep you pain free forever and still keep you mobile.

Oh, as for not being able to vacuum without making the pain worse. I have a solution for you. Get a Roomba. All you have to worry about with a Roomba is emptying it and not tripping over it as it's vacuuming.

Also, keeping any pets you have from chasing it across the room while it's working. I couldnt get a Roomba while I had my dog, because he would have eaten it. I'm looking into getting a Roomba now that I'm dogless.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote