View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
Perhaps you just figured out how to deal with your insomnia, Erin . . . just wear yourself out by putting clean sheets on every night?

Seriously though, if I was not currently in an attack, I'd be questioning why I was having these kind of problems, especially with stamina. I have days where things are 10 times more difficult (fingers don't work, dropping things, can't think clearly, etc.), but pretty much the only time I really struggle physically is when I am in an attack.

It is very important to have a daily exercise routine, to maintain strength and energy with this disease. Your weight isn't nearly as relevant as staying in shape . . . which I have especially noticed to be true with "The Biggest Loser" contestants ...

Some of those people start out at 400 lbs, but by the time they reach 250 lbs, they can JOG up mountains. They are competing against people who start out at 250 lbs, but don't actually do much better (then the now 250 lb'ers), even though they are down 170 lbs. It is about staying in shape, no matter what your weight.

Everything is harder with this disease (clumsiness, thinking obstacles, etc.), so that requires that we keep fit physically. I don't try to tackle my biggest physical challenges at night time . . . but push myself in this way during the mornings when I have the most energy.

Even if you start out slow, with just a stretching routine, I think it would serve you well to plan to stay as physically fit as possible (even if your brain isn't as "fit" as it once was). You are too young to be having this kind of struggle already.

Cherie
I think you're right. I need to exercise more.

since walking isnt a huge problem for me, maybe I'll go kidnap my aunt and make her go for a walk with me. We used to walk all the time with our dogs. (my bouvier, her pug...we got lots of strange looks)

My dog died 2yrs ago in March...her pug died about a month ago, on the same date that my dog died. (weird!)

This summer when it gets so hot out that I cant go outside for long, I'll probably end up going to the mall and walking there. (I'll have to take a bullet proof vest and a battle helmet, it's the same mall that got shot up in December)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote