View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 03:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bacterial Dysbiosis

I thought I would post this on a separate thread to discuss this condition that can occur with celiac disease and lead to leaky gut syndrome.

I just got my latest test results in. I have bacterial dysbiosis. Here's what my tests from Diagnos-Techs lab showed:

Pathogens/Bacterial Overgrowth Detected:
Klebsiella/Enterobacter/Serratia Group - moderate
Alpha Hemolytic Streptococcus - moderate

Total Intestinal SIgA (Stool) <69 (normal is 400-880)

The bad news is that my immune system has been fighting this for a long time. The good news is that I had NO Candida

I guess it could have been worse. Now, I'll be taking Chinese herbs to deal with the dybiosis. Does anyone else know much about treating dybiosis? I really don't want to go back to SCD. While it may have been starving the bad bugs, it was also starving me!

I also did something really bad this weekend. I ate a box of Pamela's double chocolate chip cookies (only 9 cookies in one sitting on an empty stomach ). I power booted them 4 hours later, and I'm not talking about my computer. I really felt ill. I guess it's the best thing I could have done was to process those out of my system as fast as I could! I'm kind of glad it happened, because I won't be tempted to eat them again for a very long time! Too much of a GF thing is not good for you. Could have been the soy in the chocolate too.

Claire

P.S. Nancy - my acupunturist ordered the test. I think you need to have some kind of health care practitioner order it, but I did run across a post of someone who ordered their own CDSA from Genova labs (formerly Great Smokies). I'll include the link when I find it again.

Last edited by diamondheart; 10-19-2006 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
diamondheart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote