View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 01:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had the pec minor procedure done on my right side. It took several months for my upper back to adjust, and picking things up, reaching, quite a few things were awkward and uncomfortable and sometimes painful during that time. But my body DID adapt, eventually. I needed it done, because two cords were being seriously compressed at the pec minor and my hand was losing both muscle and function. I didn't get everything back, but I did stop the loss, and I gained back some muscle, and some hand strength, and I no longer have the terrible 24/7 feeling of being poked in the armpit with a broomstick handle! I also have much greater ROM than before the tenotomy.

I don't regret having it done, and it is much simpler than recovering from a rib resection - but it still creates a permanent physical change to your body. Your individual recovery really is a mix of your particular circumstances (positive/negative outlook, Dr's experience, how long you've had TOS, complications, etc) and how your body responds, more than how other people have done. (My pec minor tenotomy was done in Oct 2004 by Dr Annest, I believe it was the very first done of the solo pec-minor procedures, those not done at the same time as a rib resection. If I ever have the left side done I guess I will see how much they have refined it since then!)

beth
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
astern (02-25-2011)