View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 06:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Updrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
I was going through my badly neglected journal this afternoon and found something encouraging. There is a self-rating form called the UPDRS Rating Scale. It is a bit lengthy and you rate yourself in about 35 areas. Low numbers are good and the worst you can do is 128. Counting today I have filled it in 4 times in the last three years. The following are my unmedicated totals:

11/06/05 - 78
07/05/06 - 73
11/08/06 - 72
04/20/08 - 67

Those numbers should not be dropping by the standard way of thinking. Something is working, but I can only guess at what it is. Ginseng? MJFox are you out there?
The UPDRS rating is used in many clinical trials as well as by neurologists, they have a special assistant they call in to assess you using this rating scale. So you can do it yourself, but it is also widely used professionally as well as by researchers. Just google it and you'll find lots of trials measuring the success/failure by the UPDRS rating.

Congrats on the lowering of the score, that is awesome and I hope you keep getting a lower and lower score! Thank you for sharing your white rat experiments and progress reports.
centralPark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote