Thread: Provigil
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 04:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
I have taken Provigil for about a year - works great...I no longer feel like taking a nap at 10am! I can usually work full days, come home and do a few things like make dinner, etc... It keeps you alert but it doesn't really make you feel different. I sure notice if I forget to take it though. The doctor prescribed 200mg every morning but I cut it back to 100mg after a few months - it made me so wide awake that I was having trouble going to sleep at night. Good luck!
Gabe
Thanks Gabe for your response. I am glad it is working so well for you. I took 1 100 mg pill yesterday. Yes, I felt more alert. This is what I posted on the original BT:
-------------------------------------
Hi GodDreamer2007,

Thanks for your response. I tried 1 100mg Provigil yesterday and I did feel a "subtle" type of difference. I still did my napping like usual, but I felt that if I needed to be involved in a conversation or whatever, this pill would urge me forward a tad without me feeling like I would be pushing myself so much. Does that make any sense?

And as you said, "being awake doesn't strengthen the muscles," is so true. Myasthenia Gravis, to me, affects mostly my physical strength and this pill affects my mental state. Maybe the pill uplifts my mental state so I can perhaps feel a little stronger physically--mind over matter.

Anyway, I think I will save the pills for social types of gathering---talking, smiling, eating, etc. I think the pills will make things more pleasant

Thanks again for your input.

So Gabe, with the holidays coming up and all I will probably use the Provigil. I am retired now so don't have to do this and that. I can rest all I want to and boy do I Thank you again for your input.
snidermame is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote