View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Your Ocon is right and not.....

Even neuro's hedge about the 'possibilities' of improvements with any type form of neuropathies.
That is because each one of us is uniquely different.
I speak from experience here and URGE you to at least try to follow Mrs D's advice. She has helped me immensely.
From my own experiences? I was pretty much given the impression by many medical professionals that there was no hope at all for nerve regeneration. After long term immune therapy and the good advice of folks such as Mrs D and Rose, I've tailored my own basic sensible vitamin/mineral regimen that has helped to some degree. I have seen minute improvements in nerve function. This has taken over five years, so it's a long haul. But, it can happen and the process of nerve regeneration is more mysterious than nerve death.
Chemo can and does do a number on the body in ways docs really don't understand or appreciate.
Friends I know who have been thru or are going thru chemo also see top-notch neuro's - they are the ones who KNOW how to deal best w/the PN pain and often work with the Ocons to find the meds that work best together...as some aren't too good together. Worth a look see, and maybe some relief?
As a person who's two years plus 'out' I hope this helps! {got the PN long before the 'c'} Even w/PN? Here is to being FREE! - you know what I mean - 's!! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
v5118lKftfk (06-20-2014)