View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 10:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautytransforming View Post
This is my understanding, and I will try and remember to ask my nuero tomorrow.

A T1 hyperintense in one that intensifies with contrast, meaning it is active or coming out of an active cycle. The T2 are newer, but not healed and the hypo ones are older and more healed up.

I'll do more research, and as I said, if I remember will ask my nero tomorrow!!

Don't give yourself something to worry about. Write your questions down, and ask.

Also, how many T1's does your mri say you have. Most RRMS have at least one!
Well according to this study it says about 78% of all people have at least one T1 hyperintense lesion. But 71% of those with SPMS had multiple T1 hyperintense lesions and only 46% of RRMS have multiple T1 hyperintense lesions.

The Mayo clinic said I had a "significant amount of T1 hyperintensities" on the notes for the second visit. What the hell does significant mean? But on the notes for the first visit the doctor wrote the two MRIs done at home show
"T2 hyperintense lesions with decreased T1 hypotensity and actually several black holes. There were more than nine lesions in periventricular, subcortical as well as around the corpus callosum that were in the right orientation location to suggest demyelinating disease. Several of these were enhancing in the initial MRI." Basically I'm confused.

I think this line in another abstract scared me: "Hyperintense MS plaques on T1-weighted MR images are common and associated with brain atrophy, disability, and advancing disease; a hyperintense lesion may be a clinically relevant biomarker."

Anyhow, Erin is probably right. I'm just torturing myself by doing all this reading. It just escalates the anxiety.
I don't see the neuro for another month.
Natalie8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote