View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

FaithS,

It is hard to explain how frightening it was that day. Oklahoma City was in a panic. People were trying to find their loved ones and the phones were tied up. My friend who called to wish me a happy birthday husband was downtown. He was a former EMT and started helping and was on the news.

It was just horrible. False bombing alerts were ongoing. It seemed like the city just shut down and everyone was trying to do something, anything to help. The hospitals were full of injured people and it was impossible to turn off the TV coverage.

It was unbelievable when we learned it was domestic terrorists that did this. I don't think it sunk in for a while since Oklahoma City is not that big and how this happen to us.

I had birthday dinner at my parent's house that night and all we did was cry.

It started out as a beautiful sunny day and that night it rained and continued to rain for days. It was so surreal.

I always wondered if the woman who helped me with Social Security was killed. I was approved around that time and my check came a few days after the bombing with the address on it. It was not a happy day to see that even though I had been waiting for SSDI to be approved for so long. It didn't seem to matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithS View Post
[F]Becky -- I can hardly imagine what it must have been like to be present in the city during the blast.

Another date to take note of is today. On April 20, 1999, the Columbine High School massacre took place in Littleton, Colo., as two students, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, shot and killed 12 classmates and one teacher before taking their own lives.

~ Faith
[/FONT]

IMAGINE
RRMS - 1992 -- SPMS - 1993
Not on DMD's

Becky21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote