View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 10:43 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Good Article Mrs D

Havent read that before - but I too Koala grew up at the beach here after moving from the cold north, and am very fair skinned... we burned at the begining of each summer, adding baby oil to the mix which of course made the burn worse - then eventually turned very brown by end of each summer.... of my siblings - even though we had relatively the same sun exposure - I had my first skin cancer in my 20's, 6 total to date, the last one 5 years ago and I too had to have the side of my nose reconstructed... my siblings on the other hand have had no cancer... I think theres a genetic component to it as it seems with many other diseases... the docs always tell me its the sun exposure I had as a teen that caused the cancers now but who knows...

Honesty, I still dont use sun screen as a separate entity - as it seems to take the cancers years to develop - but do use facial and body moisturizer with a SPF of 15 as my skin cancer docs have directed me too - most moisturizers have it in them now... I wonder Mrs D if it is contributing to any future cancers?
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote