View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 11:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE03 View Post
I was diagnosed with FMS in January of this year. Recently, I've been having a lot of problems waking up with intense pain in the right side of neck and across the base of the skull on both the right and left side. I see a massage therapist on a regular basis and the levator scapular muscle is extremely tight. No matter how much it gets massaged, it stays tight. This could be something else but I thought I'd run it by y'all to see if this may be FMS.

Thanks for any responses, Ellena
Hello Ellena. I also have the exact same pain, however the intense pain is on my left side. When I saw a PT, it made it so much worse! I hope you have better luck. I suggest doing some neck stretches as often as possible. When you are diagnosed with FMS, you could also have myofacial pain. (these are particular areas of your body that have spasms.) I tried injections in my neck, upper/lower back, and still no relief. Try some relaxation tech. Stress will make you tighten up in those areas also. I am taking multiple meds, and just when I think I am feeling good enough to be "normal", I have a flare up. It is difficult trying to figure out how much activity your body can take. Do your normal chores slowly, take many breaks, keep fluids in your body, get checked for vitamin def., and try to work with a team of doctors to get your pain under control. My doctor suggested to keep a daily log reporting when you hurt, (on a scale of 1-10) how you feel upon waking, activities, and howw you feel at the end of day. You may see a pattern, and the doctor may have ideas on the right meds. Hope this is useful. Take care!!
uncomfortable one is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote