Thread: Medical Records
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 11:10 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Records

Lucky, I'd google the regulations regarding the records in your state - I believe under HIPAA we all have the rights to our records - in California after a written request a medical facillity must provide you access to them within five days - (although they will probably take longer if mailed)... and, state law states the maximum amount you may be charged for the copying of each page.....

Also, as Dahlek said, state specifically WHAT you want from the records.... e.g., MD progress notes, MD summaries, nurses notes, procedure forms, discharge summaries, etc... anything that might apply - or they probably wont include them.... just contact the facility to talk to medical records to see if they have pre-printed form for you to complete or if a fax stating certain information will do.

And again, I've been under anesthesia more then a few times since PN onset, have multiple drug allergies, and will no longer allow anyone to put me under until I've talked to the anesthesiologist at least a day before the surgery (sometimes they are not assigned until then) - if neccessary be very persistent - its very important, as Dahlek mentioned too - that they are aware of any and all health conditions... I used to recover from anesthesia after surgery within a day or so - now it takes much longer since I got the PN... also, they use less of a dose, etc.....
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote