View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie8 View Post
Yes Erin, take the advice you just gave me an hour ago. Don't research this stuff! I'm finding it is causing more worry and stress. But once you get started it's hard to stop -- it's almost like we want to punish ourselves by reading more and more grim news. I also was told that I had some bulging vertebrae in my neck (kind of arthritis like) probably from a car accident I was in a few years ago. Have you had your back looked at by anyone for non MS reasons?
I went to a chiro in 1999 who screwed my back up even more. I have had my back checked twice. Once in 2006 (the x-ray report I read that said I had a slipped disc) when I had numbness in my right thigh...and again in December of 2006 when I had numbness in my feet and back pain...got sent for an MRI to check for slipped discs and instead they found MS lesions in my spine. They were so intent on the lesions that no one ever told me anything about my back.

I asked my neuro about the back pain, and he basically just blamed the MS for it. He did say it could be from a back injury in a car accident in 1999 tho.

I'm blaming my car accident and a fall for the back pain...I dont want to blame everything that's wrong with me on the MS. Of course, the MS isnt helping it any.

and yes, I took my own advice and put my medical record binder away. I was cleaning up stuff in my room and found the binder, and I stupidly opened it and then started reading which lead me to Google. I put the binder in my closet so that it will leave me alone and not tempt me to pull out the MRI cd's.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote