View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--I do get completely naked in front of my dermatologist once a year (and the dermatologist is female).

It's been going on so long now that there's no embarassment left--except when I point out what girth I've added since the previous visit.

And--she also photographs me. The idea is to have a record of any little blemishes or possibly suspicious areas and see if they change from visit to visit. (So far I've been very fortunate in that regard. She has frozen off a few warts for me, though.)
THEY TAKE PHOTOS!!! Oh my god!!!! lol

I did have something when I was 17 or 18, it was the oddest thing. I would get it between my breasts, and on my belly. It had to do with the hot weather and when I sweated. I'll never forget what the doctor called it . Tinea Versicolor (how can I forget a name like that).

He would prescribe SELSUN shampoo and told me "go in the Shower, pour this all over your body from your head to your toes. (Then I believe I had to put some on the big patch between my breasts.). I looked it up once. It's a kind of fungus I believe. I had this on my upper belly and between my breasts for my teen years. Then about age 20, it all vanished.

Oh, I remember now, I would get some patches on the back of my neck.

But it's been 40 years now and never came back. I wonder why??

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote