View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 10:40 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Arrow Dr. Blaylock comments on PD...

Mike: I see. Here's an off-the-wall question: If MSG and all its different versions, as well as aspartame,
were outlawed tomorrow, what changes would we see in the next five years in terms of public health?

Dr. Blaylock: I think you'd see a significant drop in obesity and metabolic syndrome. You'd see a
tremendous drop in certain cancers. You would certainly see a tremendous drop in the neurodegenerative
diseases, and all of these diseases that are increasing expeditiously.
The neurodegenerative diseases are just exploding. Things that used to be rare, we're seeing all the
time now. It's just frightening. And when you look through the neurosciences literature, they have
no explanation. They don't know why it's increasing so rapidly, but it's because we have such a large
combination of toxins. For instance, we know that neurodegenerative diseases are connected to
mercury, aluminum, pesticides and herbicides, and the way they produce brain damage is through an
excitotoxic mechanism.
So, we are all exposed to those toxins, and then when you add MSG and excitotoxins to the food,
you tremendously accelerate this toxicity. That's why we're seeing this explosion in neurodegenerative
diseases; Alzheimer's and autism and ADD and Parkinson's—all these things are increasing so
enormously because we are exposed to products that are excitotoxic..
This is what no one's been able to explain. You look at one person's research and they'll say, "Alzheimer's
is related to mercury exposure," and then another one says, "No, it's related to pesticides," and yet
another one says it something else, but they're all operating through the same mechanism. All of these
things operate by increasing brain immune activity, and that activates excitotoxicity. So that's why all
of them seem to be related, because they're all doing the same thing to the brain.

Mike: What about the American Diabetes Association? Given that aspartame actually promotes
obesity, based a lot of the work you've uncovered, I find it curious that the ADA so strongly
supports aspartame.

Dr. Blaylock:
I don't, considering they receive huge amounts of money from the makers of aspartame.
They fund their walk-a-thon and all that kind of stuff, so they get tremendous amounts of money from
the makers of aspartame, and money talks.
Whether they're just deluding themselves and choosing not to believe it's toxic, refusing to look at the
evidence, or they're just concerned about the money and could care less, I don't know, but when you look
at the pathophysiology of diabetes and the effect of aspartame, it's absolute nonsense for anybody who has
diabetes to be on aspartame. Particularly in a neurological aspect, it's going to make it a lot worse.

http://www.whale.to/v/Aspartame_Truth.pdf

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote