View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 05:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Persistant Brain Dysfunction from CFIDS Brain Damage

Even though I haven't had a full-blown relapse in some time, my immune system is REALLY taking a beating -- and my writing gets worse and worse.

Since my last CFIDS-stressor/exacerbator, I find most of my posts to have words swapped where I never swapped before - which for witch, too for two or even to, and so on. And repeated virtually identical phrases, often one after another. Sentences that, on later reading, have verb tense change along the way and sentences that go nowhere - when I forget to complete the sentence. So it's not just misspelled words - it is incoherence.

It doesn't distress me really -- I am what I can be - and I try my best. And if I screw up, I don't kick myself, but just keep on keeping on. That is what we all strive for.

But I wanted to talk about this because it does happen to way too many of us - don't know what percentage - wish I did.

At least my brain started working at all. The first time, I went from A student to flunking. The second time, I read so many books during recuperation -- and mere months later would pick up one of them, think it was new (to me) and be near the end before I suddenly would recognize some small part of it and realize I had already it. The third time, online and running a forum, I could not read any complicated material - I was reduced to Reader's Digest level. This last time, I became a person who can speak well, but who who often can't compose a decent sentence, never mind a paragraph.

It is time for me to get serious about getting well into a strong remission. How do other people here help themselves into remission??? I've still got my book to write!!!!

Waiting for help....
- Theresa
OneMoreTime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote