View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 11:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky21 View Post
FaithS,

It is hard to explain how frightening it was that day. Oklahoma City was in a panic. People were trying to find their loved ones and the phones were tied up. My friend who called to wish me a happy birthday husband was downtown. He was a former EMT and started helping and was on the news.

It was just horrible. False bombing alerts were ongoing. It seemed like the city just shut down and everyone was trying to do something, anything to help. The hospitals were full of injured people and it was impossible to turn off the TV coverage.

It was unbelievable when we learned it was domestic terrorists that did this. I don't think it sunk in for a while since Oklahoma City is not that big and how this happen to us.

I had birthday dinner at my parent's house that night and all we did was cry.

It started out as a beautiful sunny day and that night it rained and continued to rain for days. It was so surreal.

I always wondered if the woman who helped me with Social Security was killed. I was approved around that time and my check came a few days after the bombing with the address on it. It was not a happy day to see that even though I had been waiting for SSDI to be approved for so long. It didn't seem to matter.

Ohhhh. Becky.

Don't know what else to say. Living so close to OK City, and having visited the site and museum, your story just touches my heart.

~ Faith
Began receiving SSDI 11/2008
FaithS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Becky21 (04-22-2008)