View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 06:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wayne..I don't know...I do think old PALS/CALS can help new ones...and learn from their experiences...
Though you and I may disagree that HUCB may have helped some people short term..we both "do agree" no one could ever afford $25,000 once every 6 months...which is the "longest" anyone reported gains ..and even at that several people like yourself felt they had no benefit... at the time though none of us knew what was going to happen..so it is a different perspective we have now..hindsight is 20/20...the way my husband feels is he doesn't regret trying anything that was never tried or explored before.... to him it was worth trying back then..but heck no $25,000 is not worth it for others to follow suit..give it too him for free..that's a different story he'd be the first to volunteer for HUCB...but being bankrupt for such short term efects wouldn't be worth paying $25,000 over and over again out of pocket.. he'd go bankrupt quick and still have ALS ...
Hopefully some of the treatments that are proclaimed as new can be twarted...
Infact at OBT I just got finished a few days ago with a post to someone talking about "new " embryonic stem cells in another country..nothing was new about it..
Veterans won't prevent all the sharks but maybe some...especially the more people who speak out..Lisa

Last edited by lisag; 10-16-2006 at 08:24 PM.
lisag is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote