View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 05:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Flector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsd View Post
May I ask where you are placing the Flector patch?
If you are putting behind the knee, that is the best spot.
Placement of patches may improve response. Unfortunately no directions are
given to medical people, or patients as a rule.

No NSAID drug orally or topically heals anything. They typically reduce inflammation and that allows
the blood flow to improve for healing. Over use of NSAIDs for more than 6 wks actually impair healing
because some Cox-2 cytokines released during inflammation stimulate healing and new cells.
I did get instructions: place the patch directly over the most painful area. I tried the Flector for almost a week, with absolutely no improvement over the ibuprofen.

When I complained to the nurse about the patches she spoke to the doctor who then switched my prescription to Naprosyn. Which I refused.

I agree that prolonged use of NSAIDS is ill-advised. I am going on 6 months after this injury. I believe that after 5 months of such treatment it is time to admit that anti-inflamatories are not the solution. If my doctor believes the best course of treatment is for me to shut up and deal with it, I wish he would say as much instead of having me pay for repeated trips to his office and pharmaceuticals I don't want or need. I want my knee fixed, not a magic pill. I can take pain without medication if I know there is an end in sight. What I can't take is being strung along.

Again, sorry for the bitterness. I just feel like they are going to suck as much money out of me as they can before they do anything of significance, as the promotion of the Flector patch attests. Anytime your physician hands you a prescription with coupon attached, be very suspicious.

For anyone who is interested, as this blog was the only instance I found with information about Flector that was not about its financial prowess; that patch is crap. Save your money.
Susan_MCL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (08-19-2009)