View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 05:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie8 View Post
Well according to this study it says about 78% of all people have at least one T1 hyperintense lesion. But 71% of those with SPMS had multiple T1 hyperintense lesions and only 46% of RRMS have multiple T1 hyperintense lesions.

The Mayo clinic said I had a "significant amount of T1 hyperintensities" on the notes for the second visit. What the hell does significant mean? But on the notes for the first visit the doctor wrote the two MRIs done at home show
"T2 hyperintense lesions with decreased T1 hypotensity and actually several black holes. There were more than nine lesions in periventricular, subcortical as well as around the corpus callosum that were in the right orientation location to suggest demyelinating disease. Several of these were enhancing in the initial MRI." Basically I'm confused.

I think this line in another abstract scared me: "Hyperintense MS plaques on T1-weighted MR images are common and associated with brain atrophy, disability, and advancing disease; a hyperintense lesion may be a clinically relevant biomarker."

Anyhow, Erin is probably right. I'm just torturing myself by doing all this reading. It just escalates the anxiety.
I don't see the neuro for another month.
So sorry - I did not ask today. I knew there was something I was forgetting. Bad Connie (Can I have a spanking now?). I have an atlas to MS. I am looking through it now.

For right now, don't borrow trouble. Just cause "most" ppl have it, doesn't mean "you" will.

When will you have another appt. Write down ALL questions. Like I said to someone else... demand answers. Be your own advocate, and be as informaed as possible. Bring up the articles you read, and tell them that you want answers.

But, for now, DON'T borrow trouble, we have enough being spoon fed to us... Go out, enjoy the sun, read a good book. Listen to the birds!!!

Connie

Had onset attack in 4/2000

Can stop blaming myself for symptoms now.

Visit me on
beautytransforming is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote