View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 05:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautytransforming View Post
So sorry - I did not ask today. I knew there was something I was forgetting. Bad Connie (Can I have a spanking now?). I have an atlas to MS. I am looking through it now.

For right now, don't borrow trouble. Just cause "most" ppl have it, doesn't mean "you" will.

When will you have another appt. Write down ALL questions. Like I said to someone else... demand answers. Be your own advocate, and be as informaed as possible. Bring up the articles you read, and tell them that you want answers.

But, for now, DON'T borrow trouble, we have enough being spoon fed to us... Go out, enjoy the sun, read a good book. Listen to the birds!!!

Connie
Thanks Beauty. You are right about "borrowing trouble." I am swearing off of MS research readings for awhile. No worries about asking your doc. the questions. You had plenty on your mind!!

I am too much of an advocate -- I think I drove some of the doctors crazy. The college I teach at is part of a system with a medical school. So I have online access to thousands of medical journal articles through my library. I went on an MS research binge right after the diagnosis and practically made myself an obsessive compulsive. I knew so much that I think the most recent neuro was rather surprised -- but thought it was cool that I could have a more detailed conversation about treatment, symptoms etc. But I am at a point in my life where maybe I don't need any more info....I just need to stop worrying and take it day by day.
Natalie8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote