Thread: life continues
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 07:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default just my thoughts on this..

I was sure it was a joke when I heard that you and CS and (can't recall who the third person was...ibby??)were banned for such a trivial matter. I think when John Lester left the scene, things on the inside lane changed and we had no clue. It would be very interesting to know what actually went on, but just before it crashed the new guy was going berserk. I was on the scene that last night and reading posts that seconds later were deleted... We will probably never know what the real story was, but there was a definite parting of the ways in the mindset of before and after John Lester. It occurred to me that John held the whole thing together with string and chewing gum (a true computer whiz) and I wondered why such a huge and useful website would be so poorly funded by it's parent MGH. Perhaps it began as something much smaller and grew into an unexpected elephant that MGH was not really interested in perpetuating. Pure speculation... This Universe should certainly be big enough for all of us. It remains to be seen if BT1 will actually return, and I am still skepticle. Just like the tangible world, the internet has its share of Looney Tunes, and over time we get to recognize them and have the freedom to avoid or engage in discussion with them. Nobody has a gun held to their head forcing them to post... and giving someone the right to censor at will what THEY don't like seems very contrary to the concept of free speech, free thought and free will. Sometimes I tune in just for the lively discussion. Sometimes I tune out because I think someone is being an idiot. It's my computer and I control the keys. I think I'm a big enough girl to do that, and would extend the same courtesy to anyone with enough know how to get onto the site in the first place. I consider many of you my friends and like many of you went through a certain withdrawl when BT1 got flushed out to sea. While this is the internet and we have to be mindful of posting anything that could leave us open to evil forces in the universe, I would suggest that if you want to continue with the community that exists here, its a good idea to take the initiative to connect with some like minded people and develop a one on one communication with them so you can be traced down should we suffer the same fate twice. There are many MIA's from BT1 that have not turned up yet...Teresa, CS, Birte, one of the "mama's", Vicky, oleander, to name a few. I will fequent the site that is likley to encourage free thought...as long as it's in agreement with my free thought that is
rosebud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote