View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 08:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
T1 lesions are the destructive ones, that imply more "axonal loss and matrix destruction." Having them correlates more closely with clinical disability then the number of T2 lesions (which tend to be more transient). T1 lesions are the more permanent (black holes), and are found more commonly in those with SPMS (and possibly PPMS). These lesions generally indicate a longer duration of the disease process, and people with RRMS will generally have a lower ratio of T1/T2 lesions then those with SPMS.

Cherie
Thanks for the info Cherie. I'm not sure if the above information makes me feel any better as I was told I have a significant amount of T1 lesions. It really kind of scares me. I don't have any disability though. Why? I just one mild case of O.N. (clinically isolated syndrome) and occasionally dizziness -- but who knows, that could have been from the psuedo-panic attacks I was having in the months after I was diagnosed because I was so freaked out. It has been almost a year since the O.N. began and nothing new has cropped up.

Beauty, great idea on faxing the questions ahead of time!

I think what makes this disease so infuriating is that it is a slippery little critter. There are never really any definitive answers. Knowledge and information always make me feel better but most of the time I can't find the answers to my questions in all of the MS research I read. So that leaves me feeling not only frustrated but scared to death. I am practicing taking Vic's advice about recognizing that MS just IS. Just trying to learn how to be zen. I'm about to sign up for a yoga class.
Natalie8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote