View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie8 View Post
Thanks for the info Cherie. I'm not sure if the above information makes me feel any better as I was told I have a significant amount of T1 lesions. It really kind of scares me. I don't have any disability though. Why? \

I think what makes this disease so infuriating is that it is a slippery little critter. There are never really any definitive answers. Knowledge and information always make me feel better but most of the time I can't find the answers to my questions in all of the MS research I read. So that leaves me feeling not only frustrated but scared to death.

Natalie, do you have access to your MRI report, as deciphered by the technician? I would get a copy, if you don't already have one.

I mixed up a lot of things that were said to me in those early days, so with any luck, you may find they said T2 lesions instead.

On the other hand, if it is T1 lesions . . . like I said, nothing really seems to make sense with this disease. I had only 3 small lesions in my brain, even after 12 yrs with this disease, yet they told me I had a significant chance of being bedridden from the get-go with the first and second attack because the attack was from severe spinal ones (lesions); transverse myelitis. I am still walking, 17 yrs later.

There are no absolutes. Even if there are trends, it doesn't mean that is what is going to happen to any one of us.

Cherie