View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 08:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
Natalie, do you have access to your MRI report, as deciphered by the technician? I would get a copy, if you don't already have one.

I mixed up a lot of things that were said to me in those early days, so with any luck, you may find they said T2 lesions instead.

On the other hand, if it is T1 lesions . . . like I said, nothing really seems to make sense with this disease. I had only 3 small lesions in my brain, even after 12 yrs with this disease, yet they told me I had a significant chance of being bedridden from the get-go with the first and second attack because the attack was from severe spinal ones (lesions); transverse myelitis. I am still walking, 17 yrs later.

There are no absolutes. Even if there are trends, it doesn't mean that is what is going to happen to any one of us.

Cherie
Thanks Cherie. Yes I have access to the 3 MRI's I had in Sept. 2007, Oct. 2007, and Dec. 2007 and every other report written by every doc. I saw The first two MRI's were in my home city. The reports didn't talk much about T1 lesions. But the Mayo Clinic doctor who interpreted them said I had multiple T1 hyperintensities (and black holes) which is why I should go on high dose interferon immediately. I only lasted 2 weeks on Rebif--severe depression and bedridden the entire time from sickness. And I only made it to the lowest titrated dose. I'm on copaxone now, for 3 weeks, and it is making me feel REALLY crappy. My body does not like meds at all. I don't know how long I can last on it. Anyhow, I have an appointment with my city's MS clinic and the famous doc and his cohorts on June 5. So I will be anxious to see what they say. The neuro I have now pointed out some black holes and white lesions but didn't say much--she certainly wasn't alarmist like that hideous mayo clinic doctor. It's just the more I read the more freaked out I get. Which is why I need to cut back on the reading!

I'm glad you are still walking!
Natalie8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote